If not, you may be missing out! Have you ever:
- Wanted an easy way to find a cheaper price on a particular dress?
- Liked the color of a dress, but not the style?
- Liked the style of a dress, but not the color?
- Wanted a particular dress but the retailer didn't have your size?
- Just wanted to learn something new?
If you answered yes to any of the above, let me introduce you to Google image search:
- Find and copy the image URL of the picture that you would like to search with. It should look something like these:
- Once you have the image url, go to http://images.google.com/ and click the camera icon circled below:
- Paste in your URL in the "Paste image URL" tab like so (note that you can also upload a picture from your computer):
- Note that you can see some basic information on the following page:
- However, the cool stuff is at the bottom of the page under "Visually similar images":
- Click on this link and you'll get a ton of images that are visually similar to the image we were searching for!
- Note that you can also adjust your search by the following parameters
- SIze (This refers to the image size itself)
- Color (You can also change the color of your search results)
- Type (These are cool, but for our example, I found the "photos" type is the best option)
- Time (If you want to see recent photos, use this option)
- Visually Similar (Change this option if you want to see the exact picture, but smaller or larger in size)
- Usage Rights (If you want to publish a photo on your own site, use this option to filter for specific license rights)
These are just a few reasons why you may want to use this powerful (and free) feature from Google. Perhaps you can find more uses and let me know in the comments!
All the best,
Your friends at Poshture BoutiqueContinue reading